Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Important Stories


On this particular night, Josh found me weeping in front of my computer.

He was worried at first and then noticed me watching a slide show.....this slide show.

"Why do you read and follow of these sad stories? Do you want to feel sad and cry?"

He didn't ask it in a negative way - just truly curious.

My answer.....

"These stories that make me cry, they are important stories."

See, I need a lot of help developing an attitude of gratefulness. Being grateful for all of the wonderful things in my life does not come naturally to me.

My flesh would rather me live as the victim, falling prey to every minor or major inconvenience, discomfort, and struggle of what it is to be a woman, a wife, and a mother.

I need a consistent kick in the butt - reminding me not to take myself so seriously.

I have been honored to 'know' so many who live life with such grace and courage and honesty and vulnerability - while experiencing great pain and suffering and heartache.

The Internet is full of brave men and women and children, who daily share their 'sad stories', because they know they are Important Stories.

These lovely people keep me honest about my circumstances and humbly grateful for every blessing.

I am honored beyond words that Laura Sobiech has asked me to be a part of the Fly a Little Higher Blog Tour. Her son, Zach Sobiech, has an Important Story - one I shared a while back here on Mama Bee No E.

Here are some others on My List of Important Stories:

Amy Grote and My friend (unnamed) are the reason I started this blog.

Megan, she so honestly and sweetly tells her story of loss and healing on her blog, In This Wonderful Life. (Her slideshow is the one mentioned at the beginning of this post)

- Kara Tippetts is a beautifully raw picture of God's grace and sufficiency. She humbles me daily. She shares her story of intensely fighting cancer on her blog - Mundane Faithfulness.

- Brady posts daily prayer requests for her little boy (one of three :), Shephard, who is fighting the good fight against cancer. It is amazing to see this mother's prayer journey up close.

- Strength, that is all, strength - that is what I think of when I think of the McBrayer family. They are an amazing family walking along side little Wynn, who is fighting for his heart health.

Do you have a list of Important Stories? Who is on that list? I would love to know.



Laura has written a book documenting her journey as a Mother during Zach's last year of life. I can't wait to soak it up. Below is the trailer for her new book, Fly a Little Higher.

Check out other post from the Blog Tour here.

Grab your copy of Laura's book here.







Thanks for reading.

- brook

facebook - bloglovin - twitter - pinterest

2 comments :

  1. Yes.. I'm just like you. And when my husband asks me the exact same question I say, through tears, because if it were me, my child, our life, I would want someone to listen and care. And I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It is important to communicate support back to these families and let them know you are part of their community. Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete